About the Club
RAMA VARMA CLUB came into being with the patronage of H.H. Shri. Rama Varma, the Maharaja of the erstwhile Cochin State. The first managing committee met on June 3, 1897.
The club is located in the heart of Cochin City, facing Durbar Hall ground and Ernakulam Siva Temple.
With increase in membership, the demand for more facilities and infrastructure arose. The total face-lift and expansion took place in the year 1970 when S.Krishnakumar IAS, then Collector of Ernakulam District, was the President.
To commemorate the centenary, construction of Centenary Hall and Sports complex was started in Nov. 1996 under the Presidentship of Dr.P.Ramakrishnan. Sports Complex was completed in the Centenary Year. Table tennis, billiards & indoor shuttle court were moved into that complex.
Centenary A/C hall with a capacity to accommodate 900 people was inaugurated in January 2001. This is a multi-purpose hall used for marriage functions, conferences, seminars, variety entertainments etc. To provide space for dining, a hall was also constructed which can accommodate about 300 people.
This club has an airconditioned library having more than 1500 books. The club has 8 well furnished residential rooms (6 A/C rooms & 2 suits) for accommodating guests.
The Club has also a well-furnished and spacious a/c bar, an a/c dining room, besides 4 a/c halls for conferences & meetings.